PS3 PARADISE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 PARADISE

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fallout 3/ New Vegas Hacking

Go down 
AuthorMessage
M4CarbineSin
Admin
Admin

Fallout 3/ New Vegas Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 3/ New Vegas Hacking   Fallout 3/ New Vegas Hacking I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 pm

S3 ONLY PS3 ONLY PS3 ONLY PS3
!JAIL BREAK REQUIRED!

PS. Please make a Fallout New Vegas Section and Sticky This Find!
HOW TO COMPLETELY MOD FALLOUT NEW VEGAS

~BSA EDITING & ESP Coding/Installing~
The Complete Tutorial
by: Romen_Xelkorta

Note: I will be showing you how to view files and edit certain files, as some files are different when installing them, going by my guide will allow you to even edit textures and almost anything you want, as well goes for modding, BSA files are compressed folders, not files, so you will find the folders you need inside those files. do not give me credit on everything, i didnt create any tools or anything in my tutorial, all tools and mods are from nexus, all credit to them. & to all you mods out there who randomly delete peoples threads

REQUIRMENTS

1.) Playstation 3
2.) A Connection between both PC to PS3
3.) Jailbreak - (LV2 Setup, to launch game)
5.) MultiMAN
6.) FileZilla
7.) FOMM (FallOut Mod Manager)

This is just an extras addition, anytime there is an update to the index of this thread, it will say ("something" extras)
Here i will hook you guys up with some ESP helpful tips.
Now carry on.

ESP INSTALLING GUIDE

Step 1 - Install Multi Man onto your CFW PS3 to the CFW you have. Then run Multi Man and back-up your Fallout New Vegas to your HDD.

Step 2 - When you are finished, Multiman should go back to its menu.

Step 3 - At the bottom of MultiMAN it gives you an IP Address (For Example "192.168.1.1"). Copy that down and go to your computer.

Step 4 - Install FileZilla to your computer and go to the "Host" bar at the top of your screen and type in your IP Address, and if you have problems connecting put port number as "21" .

Step 5 - Go to "dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30500/PS3_GAME/USRDIR"

Step 6 - Open the FALLOUT.INI I gave to you in the beginning of this thread and open it in Note Pad.

Step 7 - Minimize FALLOUT.INI and Assuming you downloaded some .esp files from NewVegasNexus, rename them all in capital letters (For Example, if the file name was cheatterminal.esp, rename it to CHEATTERMINAL.ESP).

Step 8 - Go back to the FALLOUT.INI you opened in Note Pad and you will see something like this

Code:

Code:
STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=
STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm
Add your renamed .esp files there like so,

Code:

Code:
STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=CHEATTERMINAL.ESP
STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm

Step 9 - When you are finished with putting the .esp file names in the STestFile spots, hit CTRL+F and search for this,

Code:

Code:
sEssentialFileCacheListE=

Step 10 - When you locate the "sEssentialFileCacheListE=", you want to also add the .esp names there. You will do this by putting "DATA/" and then the name of your .esp file in all caps. If done correctly it should go from looking like this

Code:

Code:
sEssentialFileCacheListE=DATA/FALLOUT - MISC.BSA,

to this,

Code:
Code:

sEssentialFileCacheListE=DATA/CHEATTERMINAL.ESP,
DATA/FALLOUT - MISC.BSA,

Just a reminder, when you are adding to the sEssebtialFileCacheListE, Make sure you write "DATA/NAMEOFFILE.ESP, " You need a space after each "," or it won't work.

Make sure you put the .esp files before "DATA/FALLOUT - MISC.BSA" or the mods WILL NOT work.

Step 11 - Save the edited FALLOUT.INI and drag and drop it into the "dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30500/PS3_GAME/USRDIR" folder so it copies over the original FALLOUT.INI

Step 12 - Go to
"dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30500/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA" and add all the renamed .esp files into the "DATA" folder.

Step 13 -When you dragged and dropped the modded FALLOUT.INI to replace the old one and added the .esp's to the "DATA" folder, you can close FileZilla, and goto your ps3 and now you can run your Fallout Backup.

Note: You can add more lines to this,

Code:
Code:

STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm

for example, if i wanted to use 18 other mods, i can simply add more lines to put those modes on, (Example Below)

Code:
Code:

STestFile19=
STestFile18=
STestFile17=
STestFile16=
STestFile15=
STestFile14=
STestFile13=
STestFile12=
STestFile11=
STestFile10=
STestFile9=
STestFile8=
STestFile7=
STestFile6=
STestFile5=
STestFile4=
STestFile3=
STestFile2=CHEATTERMINAL.ESP
STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm

You can add more lines if you want, the max amount is unkown, i havnt tested it, this information came from the user ~ HUYI82
The most mods i have tried is up to 3 mods at a time.

BSA README

BSA Editing allows you to step further into editing the games of Fallout3 and Fallout New Vegas, this is old news by the way, i mean, if your a Nexus Member its old news.

By steping further into editing, i mean you will beable to actually change textures of the game or even add your own (I wont be teaching you how to do any of that), I will be teaching you how to view these BSA files that way you can edit them and do things to your favorite game that u've been wanting to, maybe you want that ugly song on the radio station changed, or maybe make your own radio station, i can teach you how to acess these files to get you on that next stop, but dont expect me to teach you how to do those other steps, im only here to introduce you to the file manager of fallout.

NOTE: There are other mods that have custom textures and etc. that you could add by using NEXUS.

Back to top Go down
https://ps3paradise.board-directory.net

Fallout 3/ New Vegas Hacking
Page 1 of 1